Are you able to morph from pirate to princess on request? Are you able to tell a story with at least two questions from very enthusiastic children for each page of the book? Are you able to make a dinosaur swamp out of natural materials, go on a bear hunt and play What’s the time Mr Wolf all in one day? Are you dedicated, caring and passionate about early years education?
If so, we may have your next adventure ready for you! We are an Outstanding Pre-School set in an idyllic village providing high quality, nurturing child-centred education with our very own curriculum! Due to an increasing intake of children, we are seeking a dynamic, well-humoured level 3 practitioner to join our team.
Hours: Term time only - shifts tbc between 8am and 5.30pm
For full job description and person specification please email us or call us.
Wrap Around Care Leader and assistant
Are you an enthusiastic, dedicated level 3 practitioner looking for a new challenge? If so our brand new Wrap Around Care Leader position could be for you! We are looking for a concientious, fun, inspiring individual to join our team.
Hours: Term time only: Monday to Friday 8am – 9am and 3pm – 5.30pm additional holiday club hours may be available if desired.
Salary: £10.30ph Leader
Free staff childcare place available during wrap around sessions.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received as part of ongoing recruitment
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role please contact us for an informal chat.
Bank Staff: Pre-School Assistant
We do not use agency staff at Elsworth Pre-School but we are looking for lovely people to join our bank staff of relief workers to assist when staff cover is needed and get to know the setting and children.
Job title: Pre-School Assistant (Bank staff)
Hours: As required, term time only: Relief work in full or half day sessions between 8.55-11.55am and 11.55am-2.55pm Monday to Thursday, 8.55am – 11.55pm Fridays
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Applications’ deadline: no set deadline, please send in an application form
Reporting to: Pre-School Manager
Purpose of the job: To assist Elsworth Pre-School’s qualified team when an additional staff member is needed for ratios or to cover for staff absence, under the direction of the manager. To support in providing safe, high quality education and care which meets the individual needs of young children attending the setting.
Safeguarding requirement: Elsworth Pre-School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
1. To assist the staff with the day to day running of the Pre-School
2. To be actively involved in all duties required in the setting; including cleaning, tidying and care of the children
3. To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
4. To ensure that children are kept safe at all times and understand when to follow child protection procedures.
5. To support during snack and lunchtime within the setting.
6. To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings as appropriate
7. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the role.
8. To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
9. To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting.
10.To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers.
11. To comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act
12. To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly as appropriate
13. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-School Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager. The post holder is also expected to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to fulfilling their duties.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
1. Willingness to learn and undertake further training
2. Previous experience and enjoyment of working with Pre-School children.
3. Caring manner.
4. Basic knowledge of child development of children from two to five years.
5. Basic knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
6. Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
7. Good communication skills including clear and fluent spoken English.
8. An understanding of the importance of play based approaches to children’s learning and development.
9. A commitment to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding.
10. Commitment to equal opportunities.
11. Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
12. Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships, including working well as part of a team.
13. Conscientious and astute.
14. Sensitive to the needs of the children and can evidence such, when an intervention is required.
1. Level 2 or Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
2. Current Paediatric First Aid qualification.
For more information, please contact Jenny Blyth, Pre-School Manager on 01954 268050, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download an application form here:
Please use the Application Form below to apply or for more information (no CV’s), please contact email@example.com
Elsworth Pre-School is an equal opportunities employer. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.